Candle Care Guide & FAQs
Alright, so you've got your shiny new Salt + Steam candle, and you're ready to get lit. Hold up though! Read our candle care tips first to make sure you get the most out of your candle.
The First Burn
This is an important one! The first time you burn your candle, it dictates how it'll burn in the future.
You'll want to burn the candle for 2 - 4 hours, ensuring that the wax melts entirely across the top of the candle so that you have a full layer of melted wax that touches the sides.
Trim Your Wick
Want your candle to burn for as long as possible? Trim that wick! You should trim the wick to around 5mm before you light your candle each time. This will help to keep the flame at the correct height and allow the wax to burn evenly.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended
- Never burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- Burn candle out of reach of children and pets
- Always keep candles out of draughts and away from anything flammable
- Don't move your candle when burning as the container may be hot
- Don't burn your candle right to the bottom. We recommend leaving around 1cm of wax at the bottom of the container.